3. The joy of crossing things off my to-do list
4. Ches taking me to Pino for some kare-kare bagnet when I have a bad day at work. I in turn take him to Korea Garden when he picks me up from one of my usual meetings in Makati. We used to eat at this resto a lot when I was still in QT at Pacific Star. The owner is this warm, lovely woman who chatted us up at the locker rooms in Mandarin gym. She was still there when we had our dinner. Korea Garden pioneered Korean food in the country way back in the 70s. It's consistently in Tatler's best restos list and everything.
5. Yummy lunch and milk tea treats from my favorite friends at Legal, and from my favorite bosses
C: Do you have hollow legs?
Me: What do you mean?
C: I'm very impressed with your appetite, but I believe the food goes straight out of your legs bcoz you don't seem to put on weight.
HAHAHA. This was all rather embarrassing, really, having taken place across a table with all the bosses. Groan.
6. Feeling like you have the trust and confidence of your bosses. For me, this is priceless, and worth so much more than any lucrative job offer.
7. The Empress, a.k.a. Ches' Subaru Impreza/new wife. We realized that it is actually our first car. All the others we've had are either from Daddy or the office. I don't really care about cars - as long as they're clean and don't reek of cigarettes then I'm happy. For Ches, tho, this is like his dream car. If my mantra is Wear Sanrio DMs And Die, Ches' is: Drive A Subaru And Die. Hahaha. Boots is overjoyed bcoz cars are his obsession this year. He and Yoshi are happy, too, bcoz The Empress comes with a moon roof. They like to stick their heads out and make like they're in a parade or something. Hahaha. Craziness.
8. Robby's mobile bar birthday party. It was great to see Robby again. He got busy with law school and only lately started getting back in touch again. Like I told Ches, tho, I'd take Robby back in anytime if only bcoz he looks like Cillian Murphy. Hahaha. (I love you, Robby!) We look for breakfast meals after, and Robert and Eycee brilliantly take us to the famous Tapsi ni Vivian. (Ganun pala ang tapsi ni Vivian, masarap pero medyo basa ...)
9. Beating the summer heat with Moonleaf milk teas
10. Tito Justin's dinner treat at Max's, courtesy of his SGV salary. He was barely Boots' age when I first met him that time Ches took Kai and me to Tarlac, and now he's an accountant at SGV. Tsk tsk. Where have all these years gone? I love that he chose Max's, too, bcoz I've been craving for the thing every time I see the huge billboards in EDSA. Hahaha.
13. Passing the stringent Red Cross test and being allowed to donate blood
14. ilovemilktea opening right across the street. They have the popping pearls that we had at 99 resto in Cape Cod and Hahvahd! I'm already fast friends with the owners, pretty sisters named Cathy and Jenny, who give the boys free chocolate dinosaur drinks. I'm so forever more drowning in milk tea.
15. Ricky's dinner treat at Royal View. The boys loved the suckling pig, while Ches and I devoured the lapu lapu and crabs. Aaahhh, death by Chinese cuisine.
(It seems friends associate me with Bella Flores, too. I got several messages from friends telling me the news about her passing, and how I remind them of her, and how it's now so much easier for me to ascend to her throne as The Resident Villain. Hahaha. I love it!)
17. My boys keeping me grounded and feisty when everything and everyone else around me are descending into madness.
18. The crocheted beauty I bought at Bali fitting perfectly in our red couch. (Thank you, Lord, for making life so happy and beauteous like this.)