|Part of HR work is meeting with a Miss Universe runner-up.|
3. Ticking items off my never-ending to-do list
4. The sweet satisfaction of calling someone's bluff
5. Small, quiet dinners at neighborhood restos like Thaipan
6. ... or our favorites be they ever so far like Royal View Seafood Resto in MoA
7. Getting thru The Most Toxic Week of the Year, and closing a transaction that no one thought would ever really happen. To celebrate, the favorite boss takes us to Apartment 1B where he regales us with his love story, of all things. Hahaha. The favorite owner also takes us to Heat. All's well that ends with good food.
8. A fabulous purple shawl from Bangladesh from my two favorite doctors
9. Scaring away unwanted job applicants when I put on my Bella Flores charms. Mwa ha ha.
10. My Gateway brunches with Babette, who recently left her job in pursuit of greater happiness and well-being. Someone asked her if she can still be consulted in case any issues come up, and her reply was: "Uh ... no!" HAHAHA. (You go, Babette!) She is one of the few people I know who can be more maldita than me. Hence, we are friends.
11. Vanilla ice cream with Maltesers that the boys themselves grind, on lazy weekend afternoons
12. Jon's birthday dinner at Crisostomo. The word for the night was 'lactate'. Hahaha. Pigging out on yummy food + sipping wine with my favorite friends while the Eheads anthology CD plays on the background = Better Than World Peace.
13. Dinner with Robert and Eycee at the newly-opened UP Town Center. Thom recommended the ribs at Casa Verde. I have to give it to him - he does have a high batting average on these foodie tips. Aside from the ribs, we had to have the giant chocolate milk shake, too. We could barely finish it among the four of us. Gasp.
14. My birthday treat at Brasas, and MIB's birthday treat for Aleli and me at Wildflour. It's fun being 38!
15. My birthday gift from Tolits - a big bowl of steaming macaroni soup, waiting for me on my desk when I got to the office. Owww. I LOVE Tolits.
16. Snacking on milk tea, fried chicken, and fries at our Ortigas neighborhood Chatime with office friends
17. Watching Maxie The Musicale with none other than the Randy. We LOVED it. Of course, it is based on Ang Pagdadalaga Ni Maximo Oliveros, which is only My Favorite Pinoy Indie Film of All Time, so already the musicale had a lot going for it. It held its own, tho, against the movie. The actors, script, choreography, costumes - amazing. Randy and I mused that Pinoy indie films and plays have already so leveled up, it's about time for teleseryes to follow suit.
18. Catching up with Thom at a corporate governance forum in Resorts World. It's not like we ever really lose touch bcoz we exchange texts and emails every week, but nothing still beats chatting in person and me being able to pinch Thom as in the good old days. Except it's even better now that he has fatherhood bulges. Hahaha.
|This is for Boots, my car addict baby.|